John Barnett Memorial Scholarship:
(Foster Child or Teen Only)
The John Barnett Memorial Scholarship at ZBS is for a foster child or teen looking to be a professional actor. John grew up in an orphanage in Staten Island, NY and later in the foster system. His artwork and creative/independent spirit saved his soul, and gave him a life far beyond anyone’s expectations, including his own.
The scholarship recipient will receive training and private coaching from two of the top Los Angeles acting teachers/coaches for one calendar year, as well as introduction to top level agents, managers and casting directors, and headshots from one of the premiere LA’s premiere photographers, valued at over $12000.
- One year of audition classes with Master Acting Teacher Zak Barnett
- One year of scene study with Master Acting Teacher Martha Gehman
- 12 private coaching sessions
- Headshots by acclaimed photographer Marc Cartwright
- Introductions to top Hollywood agents, managers and casting directors
To submit scholarship applications please e-mail all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the subject line your last name as well as “John Barnett Memorial Scholarship, SUBMISSION.”
- Audition video (2 – 5 minutes): song, poem, spoken word, rap, story, monologue, comedic rant.
- Short video interview (2-5 minutes): why you want the scholarship.
- Recommendations: 1 – 3 recommendations from (one must be from an adult mentor in your life) describing why you are a great fit for this scholarship
- Written application, including:
- Name, address, email, phone
- Are you currently or were you previously in foster care?
- Why ZBS?
- Describe your performance experience
- Mentors in your life, your experience learning from someone
- LinkedIn or resume (only if you have one)
- Will you be able to attend class on a regularly basis? How will you get to class?