Akin to an accelerated 1-year MFA, but designed with flexibility for the working actor, this program prepares actors for the real world. There is an emphasis on the ZBS Whole Self Approach, as well as an attention to self-tape and zoom audition, across genre, network and role designation (Co-Star, Guest, Recurring and Series Regular). The program is hybrid (online/in-person) and we are accepting applications both locally and globally.
- 3 Days/Week of Genre-Based Audition Technique Class focussed on Guest Star & Series Regular roles, including attention to self-tape and virtual callback.
- 1 Additional Craft Class/Week.
- 2 Weeklong Intensives.
- $5000 in Coaching Credits for Audition and Individualized Study.
- Ongoing Feedback and Mentorship.
- ZBS’ Personal Development Course for Actors, “The Art of the Breakout”.
- Valuable Q&As with Industry Professionals.
- Career Counselors who were former Agents & Managers.
- Access to ZBS Community comprising of actors committed to thriving in the industry & supporting one another.
Actors graduate attuned to the needs of the material, and emanating an organic confidence that makes them unique, resilient, and highly castable.
$24,000 for the full 1-year program. (Payment plans available)
- 2 Contrasting Self-Tapes from contemporary TV & Film. Each self-tape should be 2-4 minutes long.
- A Letter of Recommendation from an Entertainment Industry Professional (Talent Agent, Manager, Casting Director, Acting Teacher, or other Industry Professional who is familiar with your work).
- A 1-page Letter of Intent describing your interest in the program and what you’d like to accomplish.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Certificate Program Application’ and the above requirements before the application deadline.
application deadline for early admissions: May 1, 2023
application deadline for Pre-approved zbs students: May 1, 2023
regular application deadline: June 15, 2023
Program Begins: june 26, 2023
To apply or for any questions, click Here to email or call 323-746-5059
I’ve worked with him for four years. He’s passionate about what he does, and it makes us passionate. We’re a family. ZBS is a community…a second home
Whenever I get a script I always ask myself, WWZD—What would Zak Do?
During the camera tests and throughout rehearsals and filming on my Netflix series, “Julie and the Phantoms”, Zak’s work with our young actors provided them with the tools that enabled them to accomplish outstanding work. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear he was a magician
Zak speaks the language of the soul and is able to stir his actors on the deepest levels of artistic and personal transformation.
His connection to his students is unlike anything I’ve seen…the work is incredibly brave
Zak Barnett taught me to love my craft. Before I came to the studio I loved acting and I knew it was all I wanted to do, but I didn’t know why. I found myself in a place where I was giving good auditions, but I wasn’t feeling fulfilled. Going through his classes allowed me to find my own wants and meld them into one. I learned to love the art of acting and find joy in making something special, something only I could create.